Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The selfless act of love that has saved me.....

How time sure does fly and ohh things seem to change with the changing times. I have a mind that constantly wonders (a scatter brain). In the past I was in the mindset of the “what if’s, why not’s, and can I fix” now I have realized this scatter brain is in the mind set of “I can’s, I will’s and future outlooks”. It’s been a while since I have blogged and today I woke up looked over at my bed stand and looked a portrait drawn by a great friend (Jason) whose wife and him have been nothing less than angels to me. The portrait is one of my Old English he drew for me after Sam passed a year ago today. And it made me realize how much my life has changed in just one year. Changes I never thought possible because of the mindset I had carried for so long in the past. It’s been one long road, but the road is much smoother and the sun seems to be shining all the time, the dark skies are gone!

Some people I am sure don’t believe an animal can change your life, well to them; “YOU’RE WRONG”. The day I let my best friend be free from pain opened my eyes to so much. Life is a gift, every moment should be cherished and never let a moment go by that those around you don’t know how much they mean to you. Most off it’s never too late to follow your dreams, no matter how long the road will be; in the end your destination will be much sweeter than the alternative. Sometimes sacrifice is the only way to do what is right. Right?

The reason I just put a question after my statement is the old “what if” mind set. I can’t tell you how many times I lay in my bed or cried to friends and asked “what If I just had cut my hours back to stay home and take care of Sam”? “I could have fixed his condition with time and money, and why did I not do it, am I selfish”? I know any of my friends who read this can remember those conversations. And that is why I say that an animal changed my life...

Without that experience the little angel on 4leggs brought me I would never be standing where I am today. I now know the meaning of true love and selflessness. I know now the right thing to do is never the easiest, and I know to live every day to the fullest and to just smile every day up at the sky because I have an angel looking down and smiling at me and thanking me at the same time. It took a while to come to this place but the peace is sweet and the road traveled has no regrets….

To anyone who has had the experience of an animal blessing your life in any way, changing your outlook you understand this blog, and to others maybe you see things a little different, maybe instead of seeing things in color you will see them in black and white, in the simplest form they can be in, and you can appreciate the small stuff like our best friends do..

So one year ago today I did a selfless act of love and kindness and in return I was blessed with something greater than my words can even say... Sir Samson Jenkins you are missed and loved and will NEVER be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment